After almost 18 months on the market, VRR support is now live on the PS5 via the latest major system software update that recently hit.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is one of the first games to support this feature and Update 1.007 is now live to download! This means that all three of Insomniac’s major releases on the PS5 support VRR!
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Update 1.003 changelog:
- Support for VRR via system settings
- When 120 Hz Display Mode is off, slightly increases dynamic resolution targets
- When 120 Hz Display Mode is on, unlocks frame rate to vary based on gameplay
- Add 120 Hz Display Mode setting to New Game options, so you can turn it on before starting
- Improvements to ray-traced reflection quality at glancing angles in low-dynamic-resolution scenarios
- Improvements to TAA upsample quality
- Save files use frame captures for their icons
Can’t get enough BRAH?! Then you’re in luck! Follow us on Twitter! Like us on Facebook! Enjoy our content on YouTube! Listen to our official BRAHcast! Get a taste of our Instagram! Be a cool kid with us on TikTok! We’re all PlayStation, All the time!