Following the conclusion of the beta test for the upcoming Tetris Effect: Connected cross-play functionality, Enhance has given us an official date for when TE:C plus all the new features will release on PlayStation consoles: August 18th!
This will come as a FREE update for all existing owners of Tetris Effect, the Connected content brings with it all kinds of juicy multiplayer modes to experience.
For real. Look at all the new content the Connected updates brings with it!
- Cross-platform play between all current versions of the game (Steam, PS4, Epic Games Store, Oculus Quest, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Microsoft Store PC, including Xbox Game Pass).
- Bonus features include a new Spectator Mode, as well as PAL and “Slow” speed modes, coming to all versions of the game.
- New performance or fidelity graphic options to boost resolution for Oculus Quest 2 headsets.
- Remote Play available on the PS4 version.
- Skill Rating (SR) reset in all versions of the game to re-calibrate matchmaking between similarly-skilled players (FYI current SR will be immortalized on the game’s website).
- An explainer video covering everything in this release can be found here, courtesy of beloved Tetris YouTuber aGameScout.
The video below does a great job on explaining what all content the original Connected updates brought to the game!
If you’ve never played Tetris Effect via the PlayStation VR headset, you’re missing out on the gaming experience that brought my Sister to tears.
For those of you who have never played the original and want to experience the game, it appears the Tetris Effect: Connected will cost you $39.99, if going by the Epic Games Store listing.
Are you ready for even more Tetris Effect?
Can’t get enough BRAH?! Then you’re in luck! Follow us on Twitter! Like us on Facebook! Enjoy our content on YouTube! Listen to our official BRAHcast! Get a taste of our Instagram! Be a cool kid with us on TikTok! We’re all PlayStation, All the time!