Ever since Overwatch stole the game of the year award from Uncharted 4 at The Game Awards 2016, gamers have been enjoying the ever-growing world of Blizzard’s mighty character-driven multiplayer game.
Even though Sony H A T E S cross-play, one of of the biggest multiplayer games of the past five year, Overwatch, is gaining cross-play functionality thanks to the latest Battle.net update!
The official cross-play video courtesy of the official Overwatch YouTube account:
A few key requirements:
– If you don’t have a Battle.net, you’ll have to create one to gain access to the Overwatch cross-play beta, then link it to your console game account.
– Cross-play will be supported on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and the Nintendo Switch.
– You’ll be able to voice chat with other gamers across all systems.
– All modes except competitive will be cross-play compatible. PC and consoles will be in two different pools for it.
– You will receive a Golden Loot Box for being a part of the cross-play beta.
There is much, much more information regarding the cross-play beta and how it works here if you need more A’s to any Q’s you might be wondering about.
Is this enough to make you return to the world of Overwatch? Or is it too little, too late? Also, if Destiny 2 and Overwatch can do cross-play on the PS4 & PS5, what the hell is with Borderlands 3?
Can’t get enough BRAH?! Then you’re in luck! Follow us on Twitter! Like us on Facebook! Enjoy our content on YouTube! Listen to our official BRAHcast! Get a taste of our Instagram! Be a cool kid with us on TikTok! We’re all PlayStation, All the time!