There is something about the winter. Something about the cold air, the snow, and skiing. That is until the world as it was turned into this fracking piece of a place with those fracking pieces of fracking goons. But they have no idea who they are fracking dealing with. My skiing, running, climbing, and ziplining skills are on another level. Get ready to get the fracking fracked up.
- This is unashamedly a true VR game only possible with PS Move controllers! Climbing, ziplining, reloading, and in-world interactions are all driven 1:1 by the player’s hands. We couldn’t do this using a traditional gamepad.
- Skiing requires you to physically lean to steer and control. As with the rest of the game, it is integrated with the combat – we’ll be showing this in the weeks ahead.
- We have nicknamed the combat “run and cover” gunplay because it mashes run and gun action with an innovative 1:1 grabbable cover system to create an all-new VR-only combat style. Not only does it play differently from what you’ve experienced before, it feels different too.
- To maximize VR’s 360˚ potential and our free movement vision we have designed arena-style combat encounters that double down on verticality.
- Whilst we have aimed for a new, stylish take on classic action cinema – think a 2021 version of Die Hard or Cliffhanger – below the surface there is a Robocop-style cutting-edge satire about corporate greed and the climate change emergency. If Paul Verhoeven made a VR game (which would be AMAZING), we don’t think it would be a million miles away from Fracked!
- The game is getting PS5 enhancements! Those playing on PS5 can expect improved framerates, loading times, and resolution. For those playing on PS4 and PS4 Pro, never fear, it looks incredible and plays the same.
- We can assure you that it is a complete coincidence that the name sounds a lot like a popular/unpopular profanity.
Can you handle the speed? Can you handle the weapons? Are you ready to get FRACKED? Find out when FRACKED comes to PlayStation VR Summer 2021.
Until then…please enjoy…