True BRAHlievers, if you decide to answer the call to assemble on September 4th, then you better keep that copy of Marvel’s Avengers so that you’ll get the FREE upgrade to the PS5 upgrade whenever you decide to join the next-generation of gaming!
Gary Snethen, Crystal Dynamics Chief Technology Officer confirmed that Marvel’s Avengers will be a PS5 launch title over at the official PlayStation Blog, along with many more details.
– the PS5 version of the game will offer two different modes: Enhanced graphics or high framerate mode.
– High framerate mode offers gamers buttery-smooth 60fps gameplay with a dynamic 4K resolution.
– Enhanced graphics mode will harness the power of the PS5 to increase graphic fidelity for those of us who need those extra details.
– the FREE PS5 upgrade (doesn’t matter if you bought the digital or phyiscal edition!) will greatly reduce load times, take advantage of the ultra-fast SSD, and help stream the world of Marvel’s Avengers in an instant. It will also take advantage of the DualSense controller to enhance the Avengers experience even further thanks to haptic feedback and the adaptive triggers.
– PS4 and PS5 players will be able to enjoy cross-gen gameplay together as they answer the call of justice.
– Don’t forget PS4 owners get first access to the online beta later this year.
Marvel’s Avengers hits the PS4 on September 4th and on launch day for the PS5! Enjoy these screenshots of the PS5 edition while we wait!