Lock and load! February is upon us and what better way to kick it off? How about some Indie Games?! We haven’t quite made it into the meaty part of the gaming year but this month can still be a ton of fun. Check out these Indie games and grab a friend for a great night of gaming.
Zombie Army 4: Dead War
Release date: February 4th, 2020
Platforms: PS4, PC, Xbox One
Zombie Army is all about loading up and kicking some major zombie ass. One of the best parts is teaming up with friends and fighting off the hordes together. The hope is that this one is just as intense as the others if not more. There is something quite satisfying about being terrified you are about to fail at a run. Good luck with those hordes because this is no joke.
- New Campaign: Huge new levels across Italy and beyond. Fight the forces of darkness in corpse-riddled canals, survive a zombie zoo, and journey to dark, inexplicable places no person has been before and live to tell the tale.
- Bigger, badder horde mode: Expanded horde mode. The longer you survive, the bigger the map gets.
- Award winning gunplay: experience the genre-defining ballistics Rebellion made famous in the Sniper Elite series, and put it to good use against the shambling hordes of the damned.
- Upgraded Kill cams and dismemberment: The X-ray kill camera returns! Watch in gory-ous slow motion as bullets, bombs and more destroy bones and organs in X-ray. Marvel as your bullets tear off a rotten limb or two, and shiver as the dead keep coming!
- Deep progression and customization: Build the slayer that suits you as you rank up! Fancy yourself a guardian angel? Take damage for your teammates. Like that turret so much? Why not take it with you? Then kill in style as you unlock new outfits, emotes and taunts.
Release date: February 6th, 2020
Platforms: PC, Switch
Traumatic events? Check. Evil A.I? Check. Robots roaming across the earth in a Metroidvania style game? Double check. Kunai is fast paced action where you will need to put your best parkour skills to the test. Have fun and swing your way into action.
Developer: Flying Oak Games
Release date: February 6th, 2020
Platforms: Early access PC
Another fast paced and action packed game, ScourgeBringer is set in a post-apocalypitc world where a mysterious entity has wreaked havoc on all humanity. You are the warrior Kyhra and you will have to sharpen your skills if you are to make it through this metroidvania style game. I love the Dead Cells type look and the constant combat is wild. This one should be a lot of fun.
- Get the raw feel of a metroidvania through a fast paced rogue-lite.
- Slash and shoot your way smoothly with super fluid platforming controls.
- Sharpen your skills with a frantic combat system focused on attacks only.
- Dash forward to the otherworldly adaptive sounds of Joonas Turner (Nuclear Throne, Downwell, Broforce…).
- Defy hordes of unspeakable enemies and giant bosses holding the secrets of the Scourge.
- Explore the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon.
- Uncover mysteries and find mementos of previous explorers to unlock reality defining secrets.
Developer: Airship Syndicate\Gunfire Games
Release date: February 14th, 2020
Platforms: PS4, Switch, Xbox One
Darksiders Genesis is not a game I am all that familiar with but dang does it look good. The game looks crisp and the co-op action reminds me of games like Diablo. It should be fun with all the backstory and what lies ahead. Knowing that you can swap between characters in single player is a bonus.
- Blast angels and demons as the gun slinging Horseman Strife, playable for the first time
- Swap between the powerful swordsman War and Strife instantly in frenetic, single-player gameplay
- Explore the epic world of Darksiders and wreak havoc with a friend in two-player cooperative mode
- Experience a brand new story campaign that takes place before the original Darksiders, exploring the origin of the Seven Seals
- Grow in strength and power as you collect items, abilities, weapon enhancements, creature cores and more
Conan Chop Chop
Release date: February 25th, 2020
Platforms: PS4, Switch, PC, Xbox One
What all can be said about Conan Chop Chop? It looks absolutely classic if you ask me. Fight in dungeons on your own or fight with up to 4 friends. This game just makes me think of humorous times with your friends and the little almost stick like characters crack me up every time I watch the trailer. Check it out and get ready to chop chop!
- 1-4 players: Conan Chop Chop supports couch co-op.
- Diverse cast to suit your playstyle: Play as Conan, Pallantides, Valeria or Bêlit, all known heroes in the Conan universe.
- Diverse word: Explore the desert of Koth, the enchanted Darkwood, the burning slopes of Hyperborea and the icy world of Vanaheim, each with their own deadly dungeon.
- Lots of loot: Use everything from a broom to a bastard sword to hack your foes to bits.
- Astonishing combos: CCC will feature not only the ability to swing left and right, you will also learn even flashier fighting moves as you progress.
- Ruthless bosses: Now is finally your chance to go up against a giant gorilla in a cape! But beware killer boss moves, such as Lava Reflux, Tail Whip and Loogie Glob.
- Infinite replayability: Randomly generated maps, tons of weapons and abilities ensure that every game will be a whole new experience. The game is superdeadly, but you will get to unlock new weapons for your next playthrough.