The month of ghouls and ghosts is upon us and with it comes a variety of banging games. October is a busy time with decorations, preparing for trick or treating little ones and yes those getting ready for Thanksgiving. You know who are, stop it! We have some awesome titles releasing that will only add to the madness. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, The Outer Worlds, MediEvil Remake, Ghostbusters Remastered, and Luigi’s Mansion 3 to name a few. If you wasn’t feeling the guilt of purchasing all these games already well then buckle up because the Indie games are just as fantastic this month with variety. Let’s check them out!
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
Release date: October 8th, 2019
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One, PC
The 4th installment into the Trine franchise is taking it back to its roots…at least to a certain extent. The Nightmare Prince will feature a 2.5D look with all its splendid colors and wonderful characters. The puzzle solving remains at the front of the game using your three main characters Amadeues, Pontius and Zoya. Use their skills to unlock the path with beautiful landscapes and a captivating story. Go it alone or grab some friends in local and online co-op. You can pre-order the game now for $29.99 or get the complete series with the Trine: Ultimate Collection for $49.99. Happy puzzle solving!
- Trine returns in 2.5D – Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful 2.5D, from breathtaking ruins to tranquil birch groves.
- Local and Online multiplayer – Play with up to 4 online or in local co-op.
- Captivating storytelling – Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by nightmarish foes.
- Dynamic puzzle-solving – Solve environmental puzzles with challenges tailored to the number of players.
- Completely revamped combat system – Tackle enemies and boss fights with an enriched combat system, fresh challenges, and thrilling action.
- Abundant skill tree – Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
- Enchanting soundtrack – Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.
Release Date: October 10th, 2019
Platforms: Switch, PC
Pine really caught my attention and after the Gamescom 2019 showcase I knew this game would make most of my lists. The developer is being ambitious with this one as the intricate ecology reacts, evolves and adapts to you specifically. You play as Hue part of the last remaining human tribe in search of a new home. Learning about ways to influence the game sounds amazing and this should be an awesome game to play on the Switch.
- A stirring open-world with beautiful biomes to explore, puzzles to solve, and secrets to discover
- A continuous ecology in which everyone struggles for survival, even when you’re not involved
- An engaging combat system that learns from your every move
- An exciting range of tools and contraptions to help you explore, fight and trade your way to a new home
Children of Morta
Developer: Dead Mage
Release Date: October 15th, 2019
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One
What more do we need to say about Dead Mage’s Children of Morta? The game has already been a huge hit on the PC and Indie fans have been drooling for this on console. The Bergson family is ready to venture out into the procedurally generated world with you and solve the mystery behind the corruption. With an emotional story and fantastic characters this should be on everyone’s playlist this year. If you don’t know much about this game please go look at the numerous articles we have ready for your enjoyment.
- Family Ties: Discover the history of the Bergson family the Guardians of Mount Morta. Witness their emotions and struggles as they do their duty to return peace to their land.
- Unique Art Style: A combination of hand painted pixel art and frame by frame animations partnered with modern lighting techniques come to life to create the beautifully dangerous world of Mount Morta.
- Ever Changing World: World touched by the Corruption is constantly changing. Every forest, dungeon, or temple you explore guarantee’s a unique experience each playthrough.
- Mystical Mountain: A place full of history and magic. A source of life, health and prosperity. Delve into its midst’s and discover why the Corruption has come to this seemingly peaceful land.
- Ancestral Wisdom: Uncle Ben and Grandma Margaret. You can rely on their ancient knowledge about the way of Rea, the spirit of Morta land. Use their skills to upgrade the family’s gear and boost main attributes.
- Inherited Talents: Characters have different sets of unique skills-some of them prefer close combat, others act at a distance or cast spells. Discover distinct playstyles and choose the one that suits you best.
Moons of Madness
Developer: Rocket Pocket Games
Release Date: October 31st, 2019
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
This game couldn’t release on a better day, could it? The first person cosmic horror game mixes Mars exploration with Lovecraft. You play as Shane Newehart a crew member of a research group deployed on Mars. Being isolated Shane begins to experience supernatural happenings and with his fear growing it is up to you to keep it together. Is he losing his mind? Possibly because this is what you get with the horror elements of H.P Lovecraft so there will no doubt be some crazy scenarios. This could be the perfect game to play on Halloween. It might even help scare some of the trick or treating kids.
- Explore the real-world fears of isolation and paranoia, enhanced with supernatural elements and cosmic Horror.
- Terrifying visions and monstrous apparitions.
- Navigate a functioning Mars base.
- Non-Fiction elements to immerse players in a believable setting.
- Overcome obstacles using computers, electrical systems, rovers, solar panels and more.
- Explore the darker side of Mars beyond the outpost.
Stranded Sails: Explorers of the Cursed Islands
Developer: Lemonbomb Entertainment
Release Date: October
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One, PC
Stranded Sails is slated to release in October with no set date yet. The game will shipwreck you on a mysterious archipelago with your crew and as captain it’s up to you to keep them alive. Farm, cook and craft your way through the game with the ultimate goal of escaping the island. This game looks like a delight and I am a sucker for crafting games. Build a camp and battle enemies in Stranded Sails as you try to survive. I can’t wait!
- Build a survivor camp – Each crew member needs a shack to live in your camp.
- Farm crops and go fishing – You and your crew will need to eat. Grow and harvest crops to feed them or fish in the dangerous sea.
- Cook healthy meals – Combine ingredients in order to discover recipes. You will need better dishes in order to survive longer outside the camp.
Did an Indie game not make the list? Let us know in the comments. As always…Indie on brah!