- Highly proficient in creating complex sound effects, by using advanced audio methods and techniques to push the creative boundaries
- Employs advanced innovative strategies and best practices for sound implementation in the game that yield highest quality results
- Utilizes highly advanced technical experience to ensure sound effects meet technical requirements of game including voice channel limits, memory management, etc.
- Investigates sound effect issues to debug, fix and ensure sounds play correctly in the game
- Highly proficient and works independently at pre-mixing all sound effects when being implemented into game and oversees final sound design mix of the game
- Proactively and clearly communicates ideas and technical details with other teams/departments in the development process
- Independently communicates progress toward goals on a regular basis with audio director, audio lead and project manager
- Ability to perform high-level scripting tasks using visual scripting platforms
- Provides high level of knowledge and understanding of schedule creation and forecasting duration of tasks
- Regularly reviews the work of other sound designers and ensures that the work fits within the context and limitations of project/s
- Key contributor to defining sound design specifications and developing tone of audio for style guide documentation of projects
- Serves as a mentor to the audio team
- Other duties may be assigned.
If you don’t feel like being a Boss, then you could always apply to be a Audio Designer to help assist the Senior Audio Designer.
So what could they be working on? Could they be assisting the Ratchet & Clank game Colin hinted about? OR could this be Marvel’s Spider-Man 2!?! A PSVR exclusive?!?
With the PS5 on the horizon, you know Sony is ready to step their game up to continue the success they’ve achieved this gen.
(Source via JackofAllControllers)