Last year Guerrilla Games announced they were expanding their studio, as they planned to beef up their development workforce by becoming a two-team studio and will soon move into a new studio location. Another interesting bit of news If you were paying attention was that Guerrilla Games hired the Director and a designer that worked on Rainbow Six: Siege for an unannounced project that is most likely a next-gen title.
A sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn is inevitable. After selling 10 million copies in two years and developing a rather large fanbase, we should hear about being official sooner rather than later.
But what about the second team? What are they working on? Well, now that you ask a new job listing is looking for a Java Developer to help with the following:
- You will build a robust backend that can scale up to serve many concurrent users;
- You will work on systems like matchmaking, tournaments, clans and leaderboards;
- You will cooperate with game designers to achieve the vision for the game;
- You will work on systems to test and deploy a new server set without downtime;
- You will integrate the game servers with the PlayStation Network and other third party services;
- You will keep up to date with the Java world and introduce new technologies when they are relevant for Guerrilla;
- If you are comfortable with C++, you can help integrate the back end services in the game client;
Hmmm. Could this be multiplayer-focused Killzone? The ‘Steampunk’ influenced title they decided against before choosing Horizon Zero Dawn or something completely new?? One thing we do know is that thanks to the power of the Decima Engine it will look freagin’ BRAHsome.
What do you think the game could be? Let us know in the comments below!