It seems that there will soon be an update to VR Football. An update full of fun. You have thrown the passes and help score the touchdowns. You played through the teams becoming stronger than the defense and thinking to yourself…who is next? Well the defense is about to call in a rookie player with pure raw talent.
•“Head 2 Head” mode is an innovative asymmetric local multiplayer feature which allows a second player to grab a DualShock®4 and take control of their team’s defense on the social screen.
• Two player games are extended to 5 minutes, with each player switching roles with every turnover, interception, or score.
• The defending player is given a traditional bird’s-eye view of the action to try and stop the offense’s drive downfield.
• The offensive line’s routes are kept hidden from the defending player, and defender’s strategies remain similarly hidden from the offense.
• The defending player can adjust AI behaviors of their cornerbacks, defensive backs, and linebackers with strategies such as zone, blitz, and more.
• The defending player can cycle between linemen and defensive backs, or use the action buttons to ‘quick-switch’ between key defenders, including the player closest to where the QB is looking in VR!
• Defenders can also use the new “lunge” mechanic for enhanced tackles, or as a last-ditch attempt to sack the QB. Defenders can also utilize a vertical leap to block or intercept incoming throws.
• Special teams are now available on 4th down as well, enabling the ability to punt as well as take advantage of the ‘field goal throw.’
• Two-player games take place in the Gigadome, a new field specifically designed for this exciting new mode.
• At the start of each two player game, player 2 is given access to their own locker room, where they can customize their team logo, colors, and draw up their plays before taking the field.
• Additionally, the fall update includes additional bug fixes, enhancements to the main game, and an exclusive new track from Hip-Hop artist K. Carter, “Get out the Way,” with production by Dre Manuel.
So are you ready for player 2. Find out when the 2MD: VR Football receives the free update that is coming soon to PlayStation VR.
Until then…please enjoy…