Hey there True Believers! After selling 3.3 million copies in 3 days, we all knew Marvel’s Spider-Man was going to be a home-run for Insomniac, Marvel Games, and PlayStation.
Now that September’s NPD results are live, we can really see how amazing Spidey did last month!
- The 7th biggest all-time launch on PlayStation platforms. Think about that. ACROSS ALL PLAYSTATION PLATFORMS. DAMN.
- Already the 3rd best-selling game of 2018 in the NPD rankings.
- Launch months sales are 37% higher than ALL Spider-Man games COMBINED.
- The best-selling game of September 2018.
- ‘Highest launch month dollar sales’ for any PlayStation exclusive in the 24 year history of the company. DAMN AGAIN.
Marvel’s Spider-Man also helped the PS4 family of consoles take the top spot for September 2018. I mean, I have a PS4 Pro and I still bought the Amazing red PS4 Pro. Also, the PS4 Slim was the best-selling console in both units and dollars for September.
All you had to do was a Marvel Team-Up featuring one of the most popular super-heroes in the world along with the most popular video game console makers in the world. Congrats to everyone involved in making this Brahtastic game!
Now about that sequel..