What a crazy journey it has been for No Man’s Sky since it first released in August 2016! Hello Games has dedicated the past two years turning the current game into what we were promised when NMS originally released.
I know most of you played the original game then quickly parted ways with it. For those of us who kept their copy, this NEXT update brings with a new mode:
M U L T I P L A Y E R
Behold this fresh new trailer. Tell me this doesn’t look fun af.
Wondering about some of the new features? Here’s some details from the damn liar Sean Murray, Founder of Hello Games!
• Team up a small team of friends and explore the universe together, or be joined by random travellers.
• You can help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive.
• Tiny shelters or complex colonies that you build as a team are shared for all players.
• Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies.
• Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online.
• Character customisation allows you to personalise your appearance.
• The game is fully playable in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship.
• Planetary rings and improved space visuals make space more beautiful than ever.
• Dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds bring the environment to life.
• Significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings.
Unlimited Base Building
• Bases can now be built anywhere on any planet.
• Dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits.
• Hundreds of new base parts.
• Own multiple bases.
• Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter.
• Send your fleet out to into the universe, or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system.
• Improved freighter base building allows a truly custom capital ship.
• Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge.
As you can see, the game is receiving a galatic-sized update when the NEXT update drops on July 24. This content drop is FREE, so if you’re even remotely interested, the game can be found for rather cheap.. for now.
Will you be taking to the stars next week when No Man’s Sky NEXT visits our planet on the 24th?