When you have the studios and talent to produce top-of-the-line quality exclusives for your console, Gamers will take notice and want to play your games, even if it means paying $300+ to buy a new console to play it.
God of War, far and away one of the best games of 2018, helped PlayStation dominate April’s NPD results. It also had another partner, MLB The Show 2018 that helped Sony take the number 1 overall spot last months.
Check out all of the PS4’s accomplishments for April 2018:
- God of War was the best-selling game for the month to no one’s surprise and is the best-selling launch for a PlayStation exclusive event ever.
- MLB The Show 18 claimed the #3 spot for the month, continuing March’s successful launch.
- MLB The Show 18 is the second best-selling console exclusive of 2018.
- Playstation 4 software sales in April 2018 set an all-time record high for a month since NPD started tracking.. in 1995!
- Sony was April 2018’s best selling publisher.
- The PS4 family was the best-selling console of April 2018 and the best-selling console year to date.
- PlayStation 4 generated the highest April unit sales for a Console since Nintendo Wii in April 2009, and the higest April dollar sales for a Console since Nintendo Wii in April 2008.
- The God of War PS4 Pro 1TB Bundle was the best-selling piece of hardware in terms of dollars.
- The Dualshock 4 was the best-selling accessory and is the best-selling year to date. It is now also the best-selling controller of all-time in terms of dollar sales.
There you have it! Gamer’s voted with their wallets as April 2018 was a major win for PlayStation.
Can they keep this tremendous momentum for the rest of 2018? Let us know in the comments below!