With E3 just a day over a month away, most Game publishers have already confirmed their E3 Press Conferences by now. However, the fine folks at PlayStation took their sweet time confirming theirs until this morning that is.
Shawn Layden, Chairman of SIE Worldwide Studios, joined the PlayStation Blogcast team to make some announcements. Sony’s presser will take place on Monday, June 11 at 6pm PST. Shawn also mentioned that this year’s PC will be different than we we’re use to, which caused a storm of confusion. Not that the storm has settled, let’s the facts straight.
- No new hardware will be present. Sorry PS5.
- Death Stranding, Marvel’s Spider-Man, The Last of Us Part II, and Ghost of Tsushima will be the main anchors of the show. We will receive a “deep dive” into each of these major PS4 exclusives.
- Gamers started to worry that we would ONLY see the four games mentioned above at Sony’s showcase. That is NOT the case. There will also be third-party titles and indies present for gamers to enjoy.
- It will NOT be a Nintendo Direct style presentation. PlayStation’s Sid Shuman confirmed that the showcase will go down in front of a live audience full of media, influencers, and YouTubers.
- No information has been released regarding the return of the PlayStation E3 Experience.
So while the nature of E3 continues to change, Sony is changing with it, yet still offering gamers the classic presentation style they’ve come accustomed to.
How do you feel about this year’s press conference? Happy that Sony showed their hand or did you want to be surprised? Let us know in the comments below, Brah!