As promised, Gran Turismo Sport Update 1.18 has gone LIVE today, bringing with it a monthly drop of new content and changes. I know Update 1.17 hit early this month, but we totally forgot to report about it.
Get ready to go vroom vroom, Brah!
- New Cars
- – The following 2 cars have been added:
- ・Audi E-TRON Vision Gran Turismo (Gr. X)
- ・Audi Vision Gran Turismo (Gr. 1)
- 2. Controller
- – Fixed an issue wherein the “Force Feedback Max. Torque” would revert back to its default settings when exiting any game mode after having changed the “Force Feedback Sensitivity” value in [Driving Options].
- 3. “Transmission Mode” BGM Settings
- – Fixed an issue wherein the menu background music did not play when the [BGM Playlist] option in [Options] > [Sound Volume] was set to “Transmission Mode” (Race background music will not be played in “Transmission Mode”.)
- Other Improvements and Adjustments
- – Various other issues have been addressed.
Main Features Implemented
1. New Cars
– The following 2 cars have been added:
・Toyota GR SUPRA RACING CONCEPT 2018 (Gr.3)
– The following 2 layouts for the “Dragon Trail” track have been added:
・Dragon Trail Gardens
・Dragon Trail Gardens II
– “Hawaii Islands” has been added to the special featured section.
4. Brand Central
– Additional Scapes spots have been added to BMW.
5. Sport Mode
– With the introduction of the ‘Star Player’ system, the current Driver Rating (DR) ‘S’ will now be changed to ‘A+’. - Players who have incurred into penalties that have yet to be cleared during a race will now see a ‘PENALTY’ label displayed below their PSN Online ID.
– Blue flags have now been implemented. (Blue flags are displayed to those cars that are being approached by cars that are 1 lap ahead, and to cars with a slower pace.)
– The centring operation of the Fanatec® CSL Elite Racing Wheel (for PS4) has been weakened when operating the menus.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
– When taking photos in brand-related Spots within Brand Central, you can now choose cars from both the showroom and the garage (limited to cars of that brand);
– In “My Library”, it is now possible to display the details of the photo format by pressing the △ button while viewing both Scapes Photos and Race Photos;
– three new events added:
1. The following three events will be added to “GT League”:
■ Compétition de France (Beginner League)
This event for French-made cars consists of cute, sporty, and unique vehicles.
■ Gr. B Rallycross (Amateur League)
This race for Group B rally cars tests your car-control skills, whether you’re drifting or maintaining
■ Vision Gran Turismo Trophy + (Professional League)
In this race of dream Vision Gran Turismo cars, which one will be crowned the king of them all!?
– In ‘Arcade’ mode, when turning a steering wheel left and right, the cursor will not move. (Please use the directional buttons to move the cursor);
– Various other issues have been addressed.
What cars or tracks do you want next in Gran Turismo Sport?