HELLO HUNTERS!!! I know you Guys n’ Gals are still enjoying the hell out of Monster Hunter: World, as some of you are about to eclipse the triple-digit threshold in hours of gameplay!
Hopefully you ain’t getting bored with MH:W yet, as Capcom dropped news today that Update 2.0 brings the changes AND a new Monster NEXT week on March 22!
Deviljho joins the roster of gnarly creatures, ready to crush you to death. Unfortunately, this ‘World Eater’ does NOT want to be friends. Must be why so many weapons will be receiving buffs next week. Below is two screenshots of Deviljho’s wickedness.
WEAPON BALANCE UDPATES
Also on the topic of weapons, the upcoming March 22nd title update will bring to the table a number of tweaks, adjustments and bug fixes to most weapon types.
• Great Sword: increased the damage for Charged Slash abilities.
• Long Sword: improvements to Foresight Slash input timing and hitbox detection.
• Sword & Shield: Roundslash damage increased and improved slinger usability
• Dual Blades: adjustments to help maintain Demon Gauge active
• Hammer: adjusted the stun values on charged attacks
• Hunting Horn: general attack power increase
• Lance: Counter-thrust adjustment to increase ease of use
• Gunlance: Reduced sharpness loss for shelling, and made some attack power increases
• Switch Axe: Zero Sum Discharge adjustments to increase ease of use
• Charge Blade: balance adjustments to Impact Phial and Power Element Phial
• Insect Glaive: improvements to extract attack power increase and extract effect length
• Bow: fixed various bugs
• Light Bowgun: no adjustments were made
• Heavy Bowgun: no adjustments were made
ADDITIONAL GAME SYSTEM CHANGES & CHARACTER EDIT VOUCHER
Speaking of player feedback, we have heard your requests to have the ability to re-edit your in-game character, so we’re giving everyone one free Character Edit Voucher on March 16th. This voucher will be available for free in the PlayStation Store and Xbox Game Store, but it is a one-time use token, so please use it wisely. Here’s what you can and cannot edit with this voucher:
• Hunter gender;
• Hunter physical appearance (skin tone, features, etc.);
• Hunter cosmetic appearance (hairstyle, facepaint, etc.). Note you can already do these at any time;
• Hunter name;
• Palico name;
• Palico appearance;
If you choose to make further edits after you’ve consumed the free Character Edit voucher, we’ll be offering more vouchers for purchase at a later date. More details to come.
We’re also deploying some changes to a number of game systems with the March 22nd title update, hoping to improve your gameplay experience even more:
• Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
• Added “Return to Gathering Hub” (single player) and “Disband & Return to Gathering Hub” (multiplayer) to the options for “Select Return Destination” after a quest has been completed.
• Added the “Text Size” setting for changing subtitle text size, under Start Menu > Options Game Settings.
Also, if you missed the news, Devil May Cry and Monster Hunter: World will be having a crossover!! DOUBLE NICE!! So Capcom, where’s my Onimusha armor at?!? Come on, Brah!!!