After receiving major complaints from longtime fans of the series, Polyphony Digital aims to make things right by making several modes offline and introducing a proper career mode next month.
Update 1.06 is the start of these major changes, below are the details:
– The following 3 cars have been added.
・Iso Rivolta Zagato Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
・Audi R18 (Audi Sport Team Joest)(Gr.1)
・Shelby Cobra 427 (N500)
２．Physics Simulation Model
– A part of the physics simulation model wasimproved, especially improving controllability of stock commercial models which exhibit less grip on the road.
– Control management of the ‘standard’ ABS settingswas improved, raising drivability under braking conditions.
– Control management of rear wheel drive cars withTCS settings set higher than ‘2’ was improved, raising stability at cornerexits.
– It is now possible to play the campaign mode while offline.
– In line with the improvements in the physics simulation model, the difficulty level of the Driving School and Mission Challenge were adjusted.
– In line with the adjustment of the difficulty levels, the ranking boards of the Driving School, Mission Challenge, and Circuit Experience were reset. (*There is no effect to game progress and the Gold/Silver/Bronze status of players from before the ranking reset)
– It is now possible to use the Livery Editor while offline.
– It is now possible to create and edit Liveries of cars without having to set the car to be edited as the currently selected car.
– It is now possible to apply car liveries to cars loaned in the Manufacturer’s Series. (*It is now possible to enter races in the Manufacturer’s Series with custom car liveries applied. )
– A Museum has been added to Bugatti in Brand Central.
– There is now a warning indicator when the remaining fuel becomes low.
– It is now possible to adjust the balance of sound effects during gameplay. The adjustment can be made in [Options] -> [Sound Volume].
– It is now possible to play withthe Scapes feature while offline.
– “Autumn Leaves” has been added to the featured collection.
In line with this, a few new Photo Spots have been added.
– It is now possible to download and playback the replays of top ranking drivers in the Daily Race Qualifying Time Attack Rankings.
– An antenna display now indicates the connection status/quality in the member lists.
– The judgement algorithm of theSportsmanship Rating (SR) has been improved. In the screen indications, it is also now possible to see the reductions in the SR of not only yourself but of other drivers involved in a contact incident with your car.
10. Sports Mode / Lobby
– It is now possible to select apreset chat text when entering text chat.
– You can now set an automaticgreetings message for when you enter a lobby. The settings for this greetings text can be performed in [My Menu] -> [Profile Settings]. (*Up to 40characters)
Various other problems and stability issues have been improved.
Gran Turismo Sport is currently on sale for $39.99 at Gamestop and Amazon UK for £27.