Epic Games released Fortnite Battle Royale Update 1.8 last week, which brought many major changes with it. Now they’re back this week with another major update, bringing with it more changes. Brah. Yeah.
Look for all of these changes tomorrow, November 2. Here’s all the details:
• Added the option to uncap framerate on PS4 and PS4 Pro.
This option is in the ”Game” tab of the options menu. When checked, this option will allow intermediate framerates.
WARNING: This will maximize framerate but lead to inconsistent performance and higher input lag.
• Fixed several localization issues.
• Slurp Juice can now spawn as Floor Loot in addition to in chests.
• Fixed an issue that allowed players to consume Slurp Juice while running.
• Fixed the effect of Slurp Juice persisting from the pre-game phase to the Battle Bus phase.
• Fixed an issue which caused other players’ gliders to appear sideways.
• Supply Drop balloons now take damage when shot from below.
• Fixed an issue which caused revives to be interrupted if another DBNO player is near.
• Adjusted the camera while holding the Pumpkin Rocket Launcher.
The camera angle previously interfered with players’ crosshairs.
• Improved stability of the matchmaking system.
• Improved point light shadow rendering performance on consoles and PC.
This was particularly noticeable in Greasy Grove on Xbox One.
• Various optimizations to player character animation for improved performance.
• Fixed various hitches during gameplay due to assets being synchronously loaded at runtime.
• Fixed server network lag occurring if a player attempted to rejoin a match after timing out or being kicked.
• Team members are listed next to the options menu.
This screen shows the number of players each team member has eliminated so far.
You can also select specific team members and toggle voice chat muting on either PC or PlayStation 4.
Xbox One players can mute team members from their profile.
• Added confirmation prompt when equipping items in the Locker.
• Changes made to sensitivity sliders will properly revert if the “Apply” button is not used before closing the menu.
• Changed the description for V-Bucks to indicate that they can be used in both Save the World and Battle Royale stores.
“This in-game currency can be spent in both the Battle Royale PvP mode and the Save the World PvE campaign. In Battle Royale you can purchase new customization items for your Hero, glider, or pickaxe. In Save the World you can purchase Llama Pinata card packs that contain weapon, trap and gadget schematics as well as new Heroes and more. Note: Items do not transfer between Battle Royale mode and Save the World campaign.”
• Fixed a visual issue with the crown icon over the party leader.
• Fixed the consumable timer getting stuck on screen after transitioning from pre-game to the Battle Bus phase.
• Fixed the Leaderboards and Stats page which showed an incorrect time until refresh if the system’s clock was changed.
• Fixed consumable items being displayed as “Ranged Weapons” in their tooltip.
• Fixed an issue causing text on the Item Shop screen to be cut off.
• Fixed an issue which caused controller button icons to be pushed off screen on the Leaderboard page in the Italian language.
• Fixed text that didn’t fit on the Stats page in the Polish language.
• Fixed a gap in geometry that allowed players to get below the terrain.
• Minor environmental bug fixes
Examples: Floating Trees, small seams in terrain.
• “Crouch” and “Repair” are no longer the same input on the “Combat Pro” config.
Click R-Stick to crouch.
Click and hold R-Stick to repair.
• Enabling voice chat while in a match now adds the player to the voice channel.
• Fixed an issue which canceled music if players used the dance emote.
Now it also reduces the volume of other music while yours is playing.
• Some challenges were rebalanced.
Increased from 3 to 5
Decreased from 5 to 4
Decreased from 5 to 3
Decreased from 5 to 2
Decreased from 5 to 1
Existing progress on rebalanced challenges was reset.
• The “Eliminate Squad Players” challenge was renamed to “Eliminate opponents in squad mode” to clarify how the challenge should be completed.
• Hair will no longer clip through the “Recon Expert” outfit while moving.
• Hair will no longer clip through the “Skull Trooper” outfit while moving.
• Improved lighting for certain characters in the matchmaking lobby.
Have you joined in on the Battle Royale madness?