For the Lazy:
- Just Cause 3 (PS4)
- Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry Standalone (PS4)
- Super Motherload (PS3)
- Snakeball (PS3)
- Downwell (PS Vita; crossbuy with PS4)
- Level 22 (PS Vita)
Trophy Lists: For the Completionist Out There!
Note: Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry, Super Motherload, and Level 22 will not be crossbuy with the PS3, PS4 or PSVita versions of the games respectively, but the trophy lists on all 3 games are separate. Snakeball doesn’t have a trophy list due to the game launching before the trophy patch. Additionally every game except for Just Cause 3 and Downwell don’t have any platinum to obtain, so completionists won’t worry about playing through every single game on PS+ unless you want the 100% on every game.
Trophy Challenge: Just try to get these… I dare you!
- Winner Takes All, Again (Just Cause 3)
- His Full Attention (Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry)
- Cheat Death (Super Motherload)
- OV40 (Level 22)
- Well Master (Downwell)
Trailers: Watch What They Show You!
- Just Cause 3 – Story Trailer (PS4)
- Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry – Stand Alone Trailer (PS4)
- Super Motherload – Gameplay Trailer (PS3)
- Snakeball – Trailer (PS3)
- Downwell – Gameplay Trailer (PS4/PSVita)
- Level 22 – Gary’s Misadventure Trailer (PSVita)
Hand Picked Reviews: Watch What Others Think!
- Just Cause 3 Review by DreamcastGuy
- Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry Review by Infinite Backlog
- Super Motherload Review by PvtHudson
- Snakeball Review by Ghost Ion
- Downwell Review by Matthewmatosis
- Level 22 Review by Cornshaq Gaming
Trophy Guides: Wanna Get Ahead of the Game?
- Just Cause 3 – Trophy Guide and Roadmap
- Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry – Trophy Guide and Roadmap
- Super Motherload – Trophy Guide and Roadmap
- Level 22 – Trophy Guide and Roadmap
Note: Downwell doesn’t have a Trophy Guide at the moment, so if you want to write one or know where I can find one, message me on Twitter (@TheVectronic) so I can link it here.
July brought us many great games to the table for many story driven folks with a few extra games like That’s You! into the mix, but now that August is around the corner, so does our PS+ Line Up. Personally, Just Cause 3 and Downwell take the cake this month with Level 22 and Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry cutting close in second place and Snakeball and Super Motherload headed dead last. While the line up seems completely great for both PS4 and Vita users this month, PS3 owners will be sorely disappointed on the level of quality that the line up has brought into the table. Which is a shame when you consider there’s many other PS3 games to place instead of Super Motherload and Snakeball, while I don’t particularly hate on these two games, it must be said that both are very obscure games in the store, and it feels as though the PS3 won’t get the same level of attention as it used to in previous Line Ups. It’s a shame really, the 10 year old console has more games in its library than what was shown in the reveal. In any case, PS4 and Vita users will be extremely happy with these games, but it feels as though the crossbuy on all three systems is completely unbalanced by not allowing games such as Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry, Super Motherload and Level 22 to be played on the PS3, and PS4 respectively, even though Downwell got the thumbs up. I hope that next time the we’ll get an explanation, though it seems as the PS3 lost it’s footing this month and it’s a god damned shame.
- The PS+ Write Up has been equipped with a new Trophy Guides section to anyone who wants to know how difficult a trophy list is and how to unlock that one trophy you missed.
- The PS+ Write Up has also been equipped with screenshots of the new games announced for the month. It will allow PS+ users to properly view the game’s presentation and form an option without ever leaving the article to view it somewhere else.
- Lastly, The PS+ Write Up now has a new shiny PS+ logo along side the big game of the Line Up. Currently working on some ideas for a proper logo, but this will do until then.
- As for me, be sure to be on the look out next week for something new, I already previously teased it on last month’s PS+ Write Up, but due to scheduling and unforeseen circumstances I’ve been unable to properly continue working on it. Hopefully you guys will love it, and I’ll see you next time!